Introductory comments: The following description of one of the Spiral Dynamics stages of development of consciousness, considered first tier in the Beck and Wilber models (Beck's former co-worker Cowan now rejects the idea of tiers), is taken from a page that is no longer on the Web. It quotes material that is in Beck & Cowan's book on Spiral Dynamics, some of which has been quoted in Wilber's book on Integral Psychology (pp.47ff).
"ORANGE 'Achievist' MEME 5th AwakeningGraves Code: E-R
Basic Theme: Act in your own self-interest by playing the game to win
Characteristic beliefs and actions:
- Change and advancement are inherent within the scheme of things
- Progress by learning nature's secrets and seeking out best solutions
- Manipulate Earth's resources to create and spread the abundant good life
- Optimistic, risk-taking, and self-reliant people deserve their success
- Societies prosper through strategy, technology, and competitiveness
Where seen: The Enlightenment, 'success' ministries, Any Rand's 'Atlas shrugged,' Wall Street, Rodeo Drive, The Riviera, emerging middle classes, the cosmetics industry, trophy hunting, Chambers of Commerce, colonialism, TV infomercials, the Cold War, DeBeers diamond cartel, breast implants, fashion, J.R. Ewing and Dallas." (Beck & Cowan, p. 46)
to be added...