Currently (as of 20 June 2013) in approximate order of input and energy....
Books on Esotericism, Integral philosophy, etc; essays, integral and esoteric academia
- My main project by far at the moment is a Hard Science Fantasy series, incorporating hard science fiction, popularist sci fi, fantasy, and gnostic-esoteric themes. This will be epublidshed in a series of novellas, the first hopefully before the end of the year.
Palaeos info (formerly Palaeos com) / Palaeos Wiki project
- at present I am not actively involved in writing nonfiction, but hope to in about 6 months. (topics include: Esotericism, Integral Evolution, and Science Fiction and Mythopoesis).
- Academia edu - have posted some essays here
- Submitted an academic paper to True but Partial. Another paper, to Journal of Integral Theory and Practice, a Wilberian journal. One early title was Integral Gnostic Metaphysics: An esotericist approach to Integral Theory. Quite a challenge writing it, because of academic requirements, also needed to radical tone down my usual argumentive polemic style! Despite being intense hard work, I found the experience very useful. The first wasn't accepted; it doesn't pass the IJTP peer review despite several revisions. Quite simply, here is too much difference between my own wporldview and the Wilberians. I have found the people involved in the Wilber Integral movement to be very friendly, encouraging, and open-minded, and it has really revised my whole opinion of the Integral movement for the better. I originally thought of submiting it elsewhere, but the essay format is too limiting, need more pages. So decided to incorportate it in my integralist books. So I'm now focusing on writing my books, better to presnet my own insighst than try to conform to the insights of others
Social and Peer Networking
- For a while was copying and editing material from the web site over to the Palaeos Wiki, also copying science material from Wikipedia; haven't done anything there for a while. But recently have returned to Palaeos com. Currently working on Palaeos com is offline. Need to upgrade the site before it is reposted. Work involves:
- revising and updating pages
- adding new material
- supplementing cladistic-only orientation with evolutionary systematics
- Integral Transformations (New Blog), replaces My Gaia Community (formerly Zaadz) Blog is no longer avalable (Gaia com closed down), My Integral Transformation Blog (Integral Paradigm), and My Mythoworlds Blog (Creative Writing) (cannot access either of those blogs since changing email (Mythoworlds, dedicated to Creative Writing projects, blog was going strong for a while, then on hold while I work on other projects. Have some problems with google blogspot, so the blog is no longer being updated.)
- working on, adding, or upgrading new topics, occaisonally adding new pages (see New and Updated) (a bit slack at the moment)
- occasional correcting of old pages (updating the old format, spell checking, fixing broken links, etc)
- Currently occaisonally minor edits, don;t have time or energy to regularly contribute material, although too much deletionism destroyed the dream (can you imagine, people with nothing better to do then try to delete other people's new pages). But just as well; more time for my books, Kheper net and Palaeos com! I'd still love to be involved in a new, non-deletionist Wikipedia, but can't envisage that emerging anywhere; Wikipedia's strength is it's brand name, so if the original Wikipedia has become deletionist-based at even the highst policy level, then there's nothing likely to take its place. Sure there is still a lot of cool stuff on wikipedia, science, history, geek lore, etc. But Wikipedia is no longer the cutting edge experiment it once was. However, at least I have learned how to write articles that are more likely to be retained.
- at present I am not actively involved in this amazing project, which I am immensely proud to have initiated, back in 2000 .
and also only very occaisonally if at all in anopther very worthy cause...
Visit P2P Foundation
images not loading? | error messages? | broken links? | suggestions? | criticism?